Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Monday, November 23, 2015

Holiday Style- Day 1 & 3

Greetings! Today's post is going to be a quick one. My best friend from college whom I haven't seen in  quite a few years is flying in for a visit from Florida with her son for the week.  So, I am off to pick her up from the airport.  The post today is shopwcaseing some cards I made for the Holiday Style online card class. I am playing catch up. These cards are from day 1 which is are clean and simple designs and the Classic Elegant designs.  I am happy with the first two cards but the lasty one feels like an epic fail and needs something, I think?  I hope you enjoy my take on the class and let me know what I can do to the final snowflake card to save it from card failure.


Products:
 Winter Wondeerland Set Cuttlebug folder
Fresh Moss distress ink
Lawn Fawn Winter Scripty saying stamp set
Snowflake embellishment from Michaels arts & Craft store
Colorbox- gold ink

For this card we had to create a scene so I chose to keep this card more masculine in theme with this forest scene

Products:
Fresh Moss, Chipped Saphire, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky distress inks
Gina K Designs The Northwoods stamp set
Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set
Hemp cord
Gold Twine
Hero Arts Merry Christmas Message stamp set


So this is my epic fail....Thios class called for Classic and Elegant. The snowflakes are embossed in glitttery embossing powder which is not showing up in the picture but for some reason what I had in my head for this card did not translate onto the paper. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Products:
CAS-ual Friday Stamp set Bring on the Snowflakes from the SOA box Catherine Pooler
Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins  
clear gems
Whispers Snowflake embossing powder
ribbon from Michaels arts and craft store

That's it for now, come back tomorrow for more online card class inspiration! Have a great week!

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and Thank you if your visiting. Please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out my next Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing.  Next drawing when I reach 250 followers!!!!!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all the cards. The ink blending on the "masculine" card is really great. Gotta love those distress inks. I actually like the last card as well but I can see why you would think it's a fail, based on the amazing work you do. The only thing I can think of is to die cut something (the snowflakes) out of something sparkly and mount them on top of the stamped ones? Or change the ribbon....but I like that ribbon actually. As usual I am a veritable FONT of information. :) Have a blast with your friend...that sounds like so much fun!!!

Katydid Cards said...

You're being really hard on yourself! All the cards are wonderful! Enjoy your time with your friend and her son!